Powered by Blogger.

Oxheart

The Houston restaurant scene is definitely getting a lot more interesting with all of the new openings. Oxheart officially opens its doors tonight for dinner service! Here are some shots from their press day. I couldn't be more proud of Sam & the risks he's taken to do something he loves, & now he gets to work with an extremely small kitchen filled with amazing cooks. Daniel & I went for their friends & family soft opening this past weekend and were served the very first plates. I love the restaurant space - they did a great job with everything. I'm stealing my picture captions from the menu ... there's no way I know/remember everything on these plates. I'm not Sam.

their menu will change all of the time

ginger beer is my new BEST friend

the space

is so cool.

pretzel buns! i love carbs

'okame' spinach steamed over jasmine tea, shiro miso, grains, and mushrooms

egg yolk with charred favas & lettuces, wild sorrel, & buttermilk

carmelized carrots with bitter almond, buckwheat crackers, dill, & whey

gulf biganos, jus de poussin et mer, turnips, oxalis, yeast, chicken skin

oyster warmed in its shell, cardoon & brown butter, 'snowball' cauliflower

oxtail braised in beef fat, condiment of pickled early season strawberries, 'umpqua' broccoli, mustards, & rabes (my fav)

carmelized white chocolate & barely cremeux, kumquat & sorrel

haha the cow is doing some funny stuff to my coffee - which was delicious greenway coffee

branch from tree across the street - don't you just love friends & family events? hi zero dollars

bathroom graffiti

see you soon oxheart & thanks sister for these awesome booties!





Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP