Powered by Blogger.

NOLA

Back from NOLA! It was such a great trip. It was H-O-T though (it's so hard to pick fun outfits when it feels like it's 150 degrees from walking outside all day). As planned, I ate beignets everyday and they were so good. It was the first place we stopped right after dropping off our bags at the hotel. It's a miracle I didn't put on at least 5 pounds when I was there!

It turned out that the Creole Tomato Festival was going on the weekend we happened to be there. Apparently it is one of the least advertised festivals so it ends up being a locals thing, which is awesome for us because there aren't loads of tourists jam packed there. Oh man those tomatoes ... they were so juicy. A couple we met at Coquette told us to bring a box home, and I'm so glad they did. I've eaten them for every meal since we got back starting with lunch yesterday. Oh, and I'm having some again for dinner tonight.

It's so funny how small of a town New Orleans (and really, the world) can be. There was this couple we randomly saw every single day we were there, and on our second day when we ate at August, they sat at the table right NEXT to us. How funny is that? And the couple we met at Coquette (the tomato couple) ran into five different people they knew at the restaurant by chance. I love that!




































So great to have a nylon wristband when it's hot out there.

  Picked up this awesome horse pin from the French (flea) Market.




 
Mid-year's resolution: More mini vacations.

Outfit Details:
Alexa Chung for Madewell Dress
Mom's Vintage Purse
Canvas Boardwalk Brogues by Madewell
Timex Watch

M  – (June 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM)  

Hey X, love the blog! [Darn blogger didn't post my first comment, so I have to rewrite it >.<] I was already dreaming of a mini-vaca in NOLA, but your pictures cinched it! My favorite outfit is the Alexa Chung for Madewell polka dot dress, so cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP