Powered by Blogger.

"Play it once, Sam, for old times' sake"

Casablanca.

I watched it recently for the first time! It's funny because it's not how I imagine a classic love story to end. I won't spoil the ending (although I may just have) in case you’re among the five people left who haven’t seen it yet ... one of which totally was me up until just a couple days ago!

I really like this one clip when the bar owner, Ferrari, is trying to steal away Sam, the pianist, for his own bar by offering him more money than what he is currently making at Rick's:

Rick: "Sam, Ferrari wants you to work for him at the Blue Parrot"
Sam: "I like it fine here"
Rick: "He'll double what I pay you"
Sam: "Yeah, but I ain't got time to spend the money I make here"

I love this clip because of Sam's complete satisfaction with his job. It reminded me why it’s totally worth it to work hard for something you really enjoy- he loves what he’s doing and nothing else can pull him away. For me, it's shop christina sun. I love that I get to be creative, the owner of my shop, and I'm definitely challenged by every aspect of it. I admire Sam's character and still have lots to learn.







Happy Monday- Here's to all of us doing something we absolutely enjoy someday soon.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP